Re: [SLE] strange output from ls -l ???
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:00:26 -0700
Anders,

On Thursday 19 May 2005 08:44, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Thursday 19 May 2005 17:04, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > Are you asking a Cygwin question here?
> >
> > If so, the answer is that there are permissions on that file that
> > do not map within the scheme Cygwin uses to equate Unix-style
> > permissions to Windows equivalents / counterparts.
> >
> > Use the "getfacl" command to see full Windows permission
> > information.
> >
> > > All comments welcome
> >
> > OK...
> >
> > From now on, you should ask Cygwin questions on the Cygwin list.
>
> Please, this is hardly cygwin specific. If you use setfacl to set an
> access control list on a file or directory you will see that + too.
> It just means there are more permissions than the standard rwxrwxrwx
> model has room for. It applies to linux as well

think a SuSE list would have the answer to the question? In this case,
there does happen to be considerable overlap, but in general there's a
lot of stuff on Cygwin that is strictly a idiosyncratic to that
environment. Should we be entertaining all such questions just because
the Gnu tools happen to run on both SuSE and Cygwin?

Randall Schulz