RE: [SLE] strange output from ls -l ???
  • From: "James D. Parra" <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:23:58 -0700
>The original question was about what some software did on Windows. That
>cannot be deemed germane here even some of us knew the answer.

Randall,

That was not the original question. Observe;

>This is not a SuSE question .. more of a UNIX question. I have
encountered a
>output from a ls -l command that i have ever seen before ...

He states that he has a *nix question.

>libros% ls -l qt*
>-rw-rw-rw-+ 1 dog wheel 75633 Aug 24 2004 qtvoke.exe
>Can anyone tell me what the 11th bit with the + is?

He pointedly states that question about "ls" and, unbeknownst to him, an acl
attribute.

>This is a from a bash shell running on a Windoze system. The result is
that I
>cannot delete the file with even a "rm -f". I have changed the premissions

>to 666 using chmod ......... no cigar.

He then states that he is using a bash shell in a windows environment, but
he then asks how to remove the file using "rm"

His question is not unique to bash running on windows. It is, again, about
Linux commands.

At any rate, I just noticed that John posted something foolish to this list,
so this thread, apparently, was all in vane. No good deed goes unpunished.

Just taking note that Linux questions should be answered here.

Peace.

~James