RE: [SLE] strange output from ls -l ???
  • From: "James D. Parra" <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:03:37 -0700
>But, of course, it's not a Unix or Linux question. Later he confesses it
>occurs on WINDOWS.

Boy, we are really beating a dead horse here.

>libros% ls -l qt*
>-rw-rw-rw-+ 1 dog wheel 75633 Aug 24 2004 qtvoke.exe
>Can anyone tell me what the 11th bit with the + is? ***THIS IS THE
QUESTION***

Does it matter whether it occurs on Suse, Fedora, Mandrake, or a Unix
emulator on windows? (I understand that you would answer, yes, to that
question)

>Here it is:

> >This is a from a bash shell running on a Windoze system. ...

>It was a question about either Cygwin or the MKS Toolkit, not Linux.

Not true. It was statement about the environment, not a question.

Note the subject line... "strange output from ls -l". Luckily, for Suse
users there is no ls command (more sarcasm) and just some screwy command you
only find on windows.

Let's give this thread a rest.

~James