Re: [SLE] Novell Linux Leaders Flee
  • From: Ben Higginbottom <benh.suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 13:46:32 +0100
On 5/20/05, Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just reviewing a tender and a presentation from IBM.
> We asked for open source in general, and they are only offering SuSE.
> When asking, they were not even contemplating offering anything else BUT
> SuSE! ;-)

I've just gotten back from a meeting with a Sun Rep, lots and lots on
how DeadRat, Windows and HP-UX were missing various features WRT
Solaris 10 (naturally missing out on how Solaris was lacking certain
promised features). I had great fun pointing out how SuSE had
millitary grade security, file system innovation with Reiser4 and
container like systems with Xen :-)

I do belive that IBM will offer RedHat should a customer ask for it
however, but I'm sure IBM would offer Debian Slink if a customer asked
for it and their was a 5 year support contract in their for them :)

< Previous Next >