Re: [SLE] Gawd awful boot screen
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:35:53 +0200
On Friday 20 May 2005 15:29, James Knott wrote:
> All that does, is turn off the graphic display during boot up. I am
> able to change that to something suitable. However, I still get that
> ugly picture at the boot options

That's the grub 'message' file. Have a look at /boot/message
or /etc/bootsplash/themes/SuSE/bootloader/message, it is a cpio archive. If
you unpack it you should be able to see how to change it

> and User/password screens. Is there
> any way of changing that???

That's the kdm screen. Change UseTheme to False
in /etc/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc and then go to KDE's control centre
and set the background image there

< Previous Next >