Re: [SLE] Who killed Windows? How resurrect?
  • From: AD Marshall <admarshall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 12:11:50 +0700
On Friday 20 May 2005 23:20, you wrote:
> AD Marshall wrote:
> > On Friday 20 May 2005 16:11, Carl E. Hartung wrote:
> >>On Friday 20 May 2005 02:09 am, AD Marshall wrote:
> >><snippage>

> > Next!...
>
> Use your W2K CD to Repair W2K. It will probably screw up grub. Use
> your Suse CD/DVD to fix grub. Then you should be good. If not, get
> a W2K boot disk and use:
>
> fdisk /mbr
>
> to repair your master boot record. Please look at
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q69013
> for more info and warnings about that command.
>
> James W

Thanks a lot, James. I'd seen the fdisk /mbr on another list/forum
(linuxquestions, i think). But i was worried about what else it'd do
beside fixing the mbr, for Windows (only). I'll check out the link and
when/if it works -- as i suspect it will -- i'll post a "SOLVED" msg.

--
AD Marshall
Cell: +84 (0)903871313

< Previous Next >