Re: [SLE] Networking CUPS?
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 14:08:28 +0200
Graham Smith wrote:
On Sun, 8 May 2005 03:54, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

[snip]

At a guess your /etc/hosts file is incorrectly configured in your server machine and more than likely in your client machine as well. Make sure you have an entry in the above file for 192.168.0.1
Can you please post the file to the list so that we can see where the mistakes are.
Below find my server and client /etc/hosts files:

Client:
# hosts This file describes a number of hostname-to-address
# mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem. It is mostly
# used at boot time, when no name servers are running.
# On small systems, this file can be used instead of a
# "named" name server.
# Syntax:
#
# IP-Address Full-Qualified-Hostname Short-Hostname
#

127.0.0.1 localhost

# special IPv6 addresses
::1 localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

fe00::0 ipv6-localnet

ff00::0 ipv6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ipv6-allnodes
ff02::2 ipv6-allrouters
ff02::3 ipv6-allhosts

#192.168.0.1 Umalusi.home.net.za Umalusi
192.168.0.2 Spy.home.net.za Spy

Server:
#
# hosts This file describes a number of hostname-to-address
# mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem. It is mostly
# used at boot time, when no name servers are running.
# On small systems, this file can be used instead of a
# "named" name server.
# Syntax:
#
# IP-Address Full-Qualified-Hostname Short-Hostname
#

127.0.0.1 localhost

# special IPv6 addresses
::1 localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

fe00::0 ipv6-localnet

ff00::0 ipv6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ipv6-allnodes
ff02::2 ipv6-allrouters
ff02::3 ipv6-allhosts
192.168.0.1 Umalusi.home.net.za Umalusi

Hylton Conacher - Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
Currently using SuSE 9.0 Professional with KDE 3.1