Re: [SLE] Kat and libpoppler
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 16:28:12 +0200
On Sunday 22 May 2005 15:42, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Yes, but... If you don't explicitly include the z flag, then command
> completion, which knows better, won't complete on a file name ending
> in .gz.

Hm, yes, that is annoying. A little editing of /etc/bash_completion will fix
it though. Just change it to

+([^IZzjy])f)
ext='t?(ar.)@(gz|Z|bz?(2))'
regex=$ext
;;

> For the most part, all the command-completion fanciness that obviously
> took a lot of painstaking configuration (being dependent on the syntax
> of a lot of well-known commands) is very convenient (and I miss it at
> work on RHEL 3),

You could just copy the script /etc/bash_completion and put it in your home
directory and have it sourced by .bashrc

> but then there are just enough gaps and errors to make
> it frustrating, on occasion.

This is true, the defaults can be annoying at times, when they are too
insistent on working by filenames and refuse to complete on anything that
doesn't have the correct extension. But bash_competion is moderately easy to
modify to suit your needs