[SLE] Random freezes, even after installing other distro!
  • From: Guus de Bruijn <guuzjo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:54:59 +0200
Hi all,

I've been using 9.3 now for a while, but it's unusable, due to random
lockups/freezes. The problems started after a clean install of 9.3.
The system crashes at completely random times (using KDE as window
manager). When the systems freezes, I'm unable to switch to another
runlevel, and the music hangs. My Windows XP doesn't show this kind of
behaviour, so I think it isn't a problem with hardware. I've installed
today Fedora Core 3 with KDE 3.3, but the freezing problem was still
there. Is it a problem with the kernel? With KDE? I dunno. I'm now
quite desperate, because I absolutely don't now how to tackle this
problem!

My specs:
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
1024 MB Ram