Re: [SLE] Low Sound Volume
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 20:57:51 +0200
On Sunday 22 May 2005 20:39, John Bailo wrote:
> 2) I bought a SB Pro 24-bit live and they never wrote the full drivers
> because SB did not release the specs.

From reading the hardware matrix at www.alsa-project.org I get the impression
that the 24bit is supported with the ca0106 driver module. Since I don't have
this card I can't actually try it, but there don't seem to be any notes about
difficulties in their list

> 3) Now I bought a card that based on the Suse hardware database that was
> rated as being FULLY supported and there are still problems.

Well, if RealPlayer screws up your mixer settings, that seems to be a bug in
RealPlayer. I would suggest using another program for playing Real Media
things until they get it solved.

I think in kmix the button under the slide is the recording source. If you
hover the mouse cursor over the light you should get a popup telling you what
it is

Could it be that you have a microphone connected to the system turned up
really high? Because that could cause feedback and all sorts of audio
problems. My cheap mic caused me no end of problems until I learned to mute
it until I actually needed to record something.