Re: [SLE] Notebook with XP and SuSE
  • From: Marek Chlopek <mchlopek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 12:15:24 +0200
On Monday, 23 of May 2005 11:42, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I want to use a notebook computer with Windows XP and Linux. I need
> Windows for Office (including Visio) and Project, while I need for
> developing and connection to otherLinux systems.
> What is the best setup for that?
> Dualboot and vmware?

I use dualboot and codeweaver's wine. To exchange data between xp and linux
without any problems I have a 5GB fat partition. note that I do not use visio
and project but I have seen both are supported by codeweavers.

> What should I take care when I purchase the notebook?

You should find you laptop first, than verify if someone else already
installed linux on this model and what are results:
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com
--
Marek Chlopek