Re: [SLE] Please Help ! gtk fonts -Solved !!
  • From: Peter Vollebregt <peter.vollebregt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 13:02:03 +0200
B. Stia wrote:

>Trey,
>Don't know what to tell you. I certainly know the pain. Try to run
>gnome-control-center and Qt Settings from the command line. Maybe it
>will help you. I believe now, not sure, that the gtk-qt-engine may just
>be a "blind" unconfigurable app. After reading the file it appears
>that it just integrates stuff from gtk when you make changes to KDE
>themes, etc.

Bob,

Congratulations - this also has been one of my big problems in the past.
I solved it the by creating these two config files (~/gtkrc or a
~/gtkrc-2) myself.

About the gtk-qt-engine. Suse is as far as i know the only distribution
that enables this by default. Probablt to help by problems like yours.
You could configure it first as a separate menu entry and later on in
the KDE config centre. There seems to be a problem with the latest cvs
version (or is it doing everyhing based on the KD settings? My gtk apps
responded to changes made to styles for instance). This post also
mentions it as a problem:
http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2005-05/msg00022.html

What you can do to improve things is to give feedback to suse directly.
http://www.suse.de/cgi-bin/feedback.cgi

Thanks for bringing it up and reporting back
Peter Vollebregt