Re: [SLE] Notebook with XP and SuSE
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:26:30 -0400
Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I want to use a notebook computer with Windows XP and Linux. I need
> Windows for Office (including Visio) and Project, while I need for
> developing and connection to otherLinux systems.
> What is the best setup for that?
> Dualboot and vmware?

I have that set up on my ThinkPad. Assuming your notebook came with
Windows installed, you'll have to shrink the XP partion to make room for
your Linux install. Then install SuSE as usual and it will add XP to
the boot menu. Also, create a FAT32 partition, for exchanging data
between sides. You can move the "My Documents" folder to that
partition. You might also want to install OpenOffice & Mozilla on XP.