Re: [SLE] Viewing DVD Movies
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 23:12:19 +0200
On Monday 23 May 2005 22:56, Andre Truter wrote:
> I can watch avi files that Totem and xine cannot show.

Fair enough, but can you play anything with mplayer that you can't when
w32codec-all isn't installed?

I have a wmv9 video here that I can play with xine (32bit) and w32codec, but
not with mplayer (64bit) with or without w32codec

ffmpeg seems to have gotten better at handling other wmv formats, I can play
those in mplayer 64 bit even when w32codec isn't installed