Re: [SLE] xorg problem in 9.3
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 04:12:11 +0200
On Tuesday 24 May 2005 03:51, Kastus wrote:
> Anybody on this list running a system without xdm/kdm?
> I mean init level 3 and starting X manually with startx.
>
> /usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg is not suid root in 9.3 (it was in 9.2)

Yes it is.

> and it is the mode coming from xorg-x11-server package.

No, the mode is set by SuSEconfig.permissions

I suspect you have your system either set to not run that at all, or you have
it set to a security level that's too high. it is suid in "easy" but not in
"secure" or "paranoid"

You can keep your security level and just add a line to /etc/permissions.local
if you prefer