Re: [SLE] dvdrip
  • From: Hans Krueger <hanskrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 06:50:37 -0400
Chadley Wilson wrote:

On Monday 23 May 2005 09:47, Glenn Pedersen wrote:

Im trying to get Dvdrip working under Suse 9.3 but to no avail. It hangs
when ripping the dvd.

It makes no matter what dvd I try it always hangs the machine.
I thought it may have had something to do with hal "the auto mounter
thingy" so I stopped it by typing "rchal stop" and then try to rip the dvd.

When i have hal disabled it rips further that with it enabled but still
hangs at about 20% or so. With hal enabled it only get to about 10% or so.

Btw I believe libdvdread is used to rip the dvd and the ver i have
installed is libdvdread-0.9.4-2.pm.1

I have tried using vobcopy to rip but it hangs as well. :(

Has anyone got dvdrip to work successfully under 9.3

btw using the same hardware and 9.2 I had no problems at all.

Cheers, Glenn

Sounds like a hardware issue, make sure dma is enabled for all you devices.
I also use DVDRIP and experience no issues.

I have it running on my shuttle box with 9.3
still playing with it

--
Hans
hanskrueger@xxxxxxxxxxxx