syslog-ng configuration.
  • From: Robert Paulsen <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 18:02:29 -0500
Hmm -- from 9.1 to 9.3 syslog has morphed into syslog-ng.

I have my gateway/router set to send syslog info to my SuSE system. This
worked fine on 9.1 but I can't figure out how todo it on 9.3.

There are two levels of configuration one can deal with -- the individual
package's config file (syslog-ng.conf) or the /etc/sysconfig/syslog file. All
the documentation addresses the first, but comments in that file say to leave
it alone and use the second. But there is nothing in that file that seems
appropriate for enabling external connections.

Anyone have experience with this?

< Previous Next >