Re: [SLE] syslog-ng configuration.
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:37:54 -0400
On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 14:40 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 May 2005 13:59, Ken Schneider wrote:
> > Great, this is a good thing, just supply some docs for the
> > non-programmer to understand so they can use it.
>
> Why do you keep saying that. The format has nothing do with programming. It's
> not even close to C

I meant layman. This is not documentation meant for the layman:

You can declare source statements using the "source" keyword:

source <sourcename> { sourcedriver params; sourcedriver
params; ... };

and...

destination newsnotice { file("/var/log/news/news.notice"); };
log { source(src); filter(f_newsnotice); destination(newserr); };

My whole point is that it isn't easy even for someone -wanting- to learn
it.

And yes this isn't close to C but then I never mentioned any particular
language. Many conf files are starting to take on the appearance of html
syntax.

--
Ken Schneider