More About Kat -- v 0.5.3??
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 06:41:11 -0700
Hi,

Today I see that the supplementary KDE release area of my chosen SuSE
mirror
(<ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_9.3/yast-source/>)
contains Kat 0.5.3. However, there is no mention of such a release on
the Kat home page
(<http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=22135>)! There is a
mention of a bug whose fix will be included in an upcoming 0.5.3
release.

I guess this means someone at SuSE is fond of Kat...

Does anyone here know how these "supplementary" releases are managed and
who (organizationally) has the responsibility for producing them?

By the way, should anyone be tempted to run the version 0.5.3, you might
want to hold off. It just crashed for me with a SIGSEGV while indexing.
0.5.2 may have hung while indexing, but it didn't crash and you could
save a partial index after canceling the stalled indexing operation.

Thanks.

Randall Schulz