Re: [SLE] cable modem
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 08:51:05 -0500
Ken Schneider wrote:
The Linksys router will be your default route but -not- your nameserver.
Use the name servers provided by your ISP.
Is this a common problem with routers? I have a Netgear with the same name server problems. For my linux machines I usually set up a local caching DNS using the ISPs DNS as forwarders, which works great for Linux but no such luck for Windows. Since they configure via DHCP, it makes it a pain for a laptop. I thought it was maybe a Netgear problem, but maybe not. I was just wondering if this is a common router problem.
--
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission

< Previous Next >