Re: [SLE] More About Kat -- v 0.5.3??
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:01:41 +0200
On Wednesday 25 May 2005 15:41, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Today I see that the supplementary KDE release area of my chosen SuSE
> mirror
> (<ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/KDE/update_for_9.3/y
>ast-source/>) contains Kat 0.5.3. However, there is no mention of such a
> release on the Kat home page
> (<http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=22135>)! There is a
> mention of a bug whose fix will be included in an upcoming 0.5.3
> release.

That's not the kat homepage. That's the kde-look page for it. The home page is
kat.sourceforge.net, and on

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=131039

you can see that 0.5.3 is available.

kde-look is an independent web site similar to freshmeat where kde relevant
packages may or may not be announced. It's not a site to bet your mortgage on

> I guess this means someone at SuSE is fond of Kat...
>
> Does anyone here know how these "supplementary" releases are managed

They're not

> and
> who (organizationally) has the responsibility for producing them?

No one has that responsibility. supplementary packages are provided as an
optional extra, as and when someone feels like building. It is not a
guaranteed service by any means

The person building the package should be visible in the package changelog