location of Konqueror config
  • From: Colin Carter <colincarter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 00:52:17 +1000
Hi,
I am having a very frustrating time with Linux kde/Konqueror/KHTML.
I tried to edit an html file and the system accidently changed the
file association for html files.
Now I cannot view html files from Konqueror, which makes the internet
rather difficult.
I renamed the .kde directory and rebooted, and yep Konqueror now
opens html files, but not my email.
To run my email I have to log in as root, rename my .kde directory,
switch to myself, run kmail, switch back to root, and rename my directory.
More than enough frustration....
Obviously it is one of the files within the .kde directory, but which one?
Diff gives me a large number of pages of differences, but I cannot spot the
problem. I really don't understand why programmers have to "hide" their
configuration bits, nor why they disperse such bits.
Any idea where the relevant documentation is?
Thanks for any suggestions,
Colin