Re: [SLE] More About Kat -- v 0.5.3??
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:21:11 +0200
On Wednesday 25 May 2005 16:32, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> That makes no sense. The primary server is SuSE / Novell's. Someone
> build the RPMs there and someone built the Kat 0.5.2 and 0.5.3 RPMs
> that appeared there recently. Surely the primary server is not writable
> by the world, hence there are those with the privileges to add packages
> there. These are the people to whom I'm referring.

Yes indeed, people need permissions to do it. But it is no one's
responsibility. The packages provided there are completely unofficial and are
on an "if we feel like it" basis. They are usually very good with providing
the latest kde rpms, but it is no one's job to do it, at least not in the
supplementary directory.

< Previous Next >