Re: [SLE] cable modem
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:15:07 -0400
On Wednesday 25 May 2005 12:42 pm, Mike McMullin wrote:

> Do you offhand recall (I don't) where in the configuration of the
> network card the nameserver info is entered? I opened up YAST2 a few
> times to check out what's there and I don't see anything mentioned other
> than the network address of my SMC @ 192.168.2.1 in the section for
> nameserver lookup, which is greyed out by default.
it is under "Host name and Name Server Configuration".
if you have "Update name servers and search list via DHCP checked, then the
list will be grayed out.
But, /etc/resolv.conf should be updated by DHCP to contain the name
servers.
Since I use a router, I normally update this manually with 2 Comcast and 2
non-comcast sites. (I should be running a name server locally, but am too
lazy to spend the 3 minutes it takes to set it up).
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group