Re: [SLE] Most tenacious settings for smpppd and pppoe
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:43:36 +1000
On Thu, 26 May 2005 15:35, Michael James wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2005 03:12 pm, you wrote:
> > Michael James wrote:
> > > What are the most tenacious settings for smpppd and pppoe?
>
> <snip>
>
> > Use Roaring Penguin then.
> > See http://www.roaringpenguin.com/penguin/open_source_rp-pppoe.php
> > SuSE has a rpm for this also.
>
> I like smpppd, if only for the kinternet applet.
> Having control from the toolbar is handy.
>
> I just need to know how to set up the interaction
> between smpppd and pppoe.
> If they both try to re-establish the connection
> it becomes less reliable.

The following script should do what you are after. If not have a look at the
man pages on cinternet for further details.

#!/bin/bash
#
# Script to check if ADSL is disconnected & try reconnecting
#
# set -x
result=$(cinternet -i dsl0 -s | grep disconnect)
if [ -n "$result" ]
then
cinternet -i dsl0 -A
sleep 10