Re: [SLE] External Tape Drive on ProLiant DL380 G4
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:21:13 -0400
On 5/26/05, Peter A. Barry wrote:
> I'm trying to add an external tape drive to a HP ProLiant DL 380 running
> SuSE Linux Pro 9.2 on the Smart Array controller without much success.
> The controller BIOS appears to recognize the device during boot, but I
> can't seem to find it on the system.

I've seen at least one complaint that the RH 2.6.11 FC _SMP_ kernel
will fail to recognize a SCSI tape drive, but that the UP kernel will
work.

I don't know if that is vanilla kernel issue, or RH specific.

If you are currently testing with a SMP kernel, you might want to try
booting a UP kernel and see if it works.

HTH
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer