Re: [SLE] Anti-Phishing Toolbar Now Available For Firefox
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 10:30:19 +0100
On 27/05/05, mb1 - Khan St. Preest <mailbox1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > How is one to know that this is not bait for some phishing site
> > or some other
> > kind of scam? I'm beginning to wonder just what can be trusted
> > on the web!
> >
> > --doug
>
> skepticism is always merited, but i trust this because...
>
> 1) it's by netcraft which is well-known and has had the same
> tool available for windows for some time already.
> 2) the article links to the download directly from netcraft's
> own site which you can also get to by skipping the link and
> going to netcraft's home page yourself.

Erm, there has been a plug in toolbar available for Firefox since well
before December 2004 called SpoofStick. It is also an anti phishing
tool in that it will tell the user whether or not they are on the site
that is listed in the main address bar. I've been using it since
about the middle of last year and it is very good. It is available
for both the Win version and the Linux version of Firefox.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street