Re: [SLE] cable modem
  • From: "James F. Pirtle" <jfpirtle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 21:55:35 -0500
On Tuesday 24 May 2005 23:10, James F. Pirtle wrote:
> Hello List;
>
> My SuSE 9.1 thinks it is on a 56K dial up modem. It is really hooked up to
> Warner Cable's Road Runner service.
>
> Any suggestion on the best way to get the correct setup? The current modem
> is a Toshiba PCX 1000 and there is a Linksys cable DSL router between the
> box and the modem. Not married to either piece of equipment and could
> change if necessary.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> "God bless us everyone."
Thanks for all the help and suggestions. My problem got solved this evening
when I did the YOU and got all the KDE updates. Now I'm crusing along at
cable modem speeds.

But I seemed to have opened a whole new thread. I'll keep it open and
listening. I'm learning something. Thanks again.

--
"God bless us everyone."