Failure to see my Jaz drives
  • From: "J. Scott Thayer, M.D." <docscott@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 03:08:28 -0400
I am running 9.3, my first update since 8.0. Everything looks pretty good
overall. I have a SCSI controller card with 2 external Jaz drives chained off
of it. As far as I can tell the system knows about the controller card but
never has recognized the disks. This was not a problem in 8.0 or earlier
versions. I looked around and can find no tool to sniff out the drives. I
used the repair system operation on the install disk to see what I could come
up with but no go. At one point I (inadvertently) wound up in the curses
based, yast package and had a chance to look at what modules it thought were
installed and a SCSI entry was there. Any ideas as I how I should proceed?
lsmod does show scsi_mod in the output if that helps. dmesg always used to
show references to both drives (sda and sdb) but now the only entry is 'SCSI
subsystem initialized'. The drives ARE working as the machine is dual boot
and they are visible to XP.
Thanks