Re: [SLE] Copy spool mail files?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 17:06:56 +0200
On Sunday 29 May 2005 16:50, Jim Flanagan wrote:
> Anders, if I use cyrus-imap, will I still be able to use kmail and its
> filters (pulling mail down to maildir folders with kmail), or is the idea
> to just use cyrus-imap and configure kmail (or other client) to use imap
> all the time, even on the local machine?

Yes, that is the idea. If you use cyrus you put everything in there. You can
of course store mail in multiple places and configure kmail to work with
them, but it seems unnecessary

kmail's filters unfortunately won't work yet with imap. It is a long promised,
and long awaited feature.

But sieve isn't so bad, even though it's not point and click. And it has the
advantage of giving you the same results in any mail client, so you'll be
able to switch mail clients with no ill effects. As long as it supports imap
it will show you the same mail in the same folders every time. So you'll be
able to test more clients in more configurations than before (this was the
original reason why I set it up like this)