Re: [SLE] Copy spool mail files?
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 12:03:07 -0500
* Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> [05-29-05 11:50]:
> Please explain how procmail can be made to filter mail into cyrus imap folders

Knowing next to nil about imap, this is as close as I can come:

http://www.syntheticzero.com/howto/vmail.php

partial quote:

Overview

Basic defintions. Postfix is a mail transfer agent which handles SMTP
(for sending and receiving email). Courier-IMAP is the IMAP and POP3
component (for retrieving email) of the Courier mail system, which can be
configured to work with other mail transfer agents (like Postfix).
Procmail is used to actually deliver the email, and passes the email
through SpamAssassin. SpamAssassin is a spam email filter. Mailman is a
mailing list system with a web interface for configuring the mailing
lists (but basic configuration must be done by hand), and vmail is a
simple PHP-based web interface for setting up virtual domains and virtual
domain-based email accounts. MySQL is used to store authentication
information and virtual domain account information.

To get all this software to work together, we have to configure them to
use a compatible format for storing/delivering mail (when Postfix
receives mail it needs to store it in a form that Courier-IMAP
understands, so users can retrieve their email via POP3 or IMAP, and it
should send it to Procmail for the actual delivery), authentication
(Courier-IMAP needs to know how to check user passwords when users
retrieve their email), administration (vmail needs to be configured to
store user and virtual domain information in a way that Postfix and
Courier-IMAP can understand), spam filtering (Procmail needs to filter
email through SpamAssassin) and since Mailman also creates email aliases,
we also need to configure Postfix and Mailman so they are using a
compatible format for these aliases (Mailman creates its own aliases, and
Postfix needs to know how to read these aliases).

HOG # US1244711 Photo Album: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery

< Previous Next >