Re: [SLE] cable modem
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:16:16 -0400
On Sunday 29 May 2005 11:27 am, Scott Leighton wrote:
>   Well, I'd love to know what model Linksys router you are using. I
> was unaware that any of them run a DNS server, but if you can
> simply point /etc/resolv.conf to your router and get DNS services,
> then the router must be running one.

It was my impression that most routers that deal with the ADSL/wireless/cable
connection will act as a DNS server or at least a forwarder.

For example, the Dlink router I have here (DI624) does a pppoe connection to
my broadband wireless rcvr and picks up the dns server addresses from the
ISP. It then will pass on any dns requests to the ISP DNS servers.