Re: [SLE] Disable ARTS
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 14:44:17 -0700
Andreas,

On Sunday 29 May 2005 14:32, Andreas Philipp wrote:
> El Dom 29 May 2005 16:10, Randall R Schulz escribió:
> > Well, even though most of those action sounds are utterly inane to
> > me, keep in mind it includes KMail's notification sounds, the
> > terminal beep in Konsole and probably some other sounds emitted by
> > KDE apps you probably don't want squelched.
>
> If I had KMail beep on me every time I receive a message on this and
> other high traffic lists, I would go insane.

Of course. Getting a sound on every mail transfer that retrieves one or
more messages would be excessive for many of us.

But there are some mailboxes / lists / senders from whom I do want to be
notified, and I've enabled sound actions and distinctive sounds with
the filters that handle to those few classes of messages.

> How much nicer it is to work on the PC and listen to Shostakovich's
> Preludes and Fugues instead!

Bach ain't bad, either.

> --
> Andreas Philipp