Re: [SLE] Disable ARTS
  • From: "Charles philip Chan" <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 22:21:35 -0400
On 29 May 2005, rschulz@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Those hits all appear to describe malfunctions. I've never seen any such
> problems.

Well, artsd taken up 1.7- 2.4% of cpu on my 2.4 GHz P4 system while playing an
Vorbis file as oppose to 0.3% for musicus (same with xmms). It also takes up
0.7%- 1.4% when idle. Imagine what this will be like on a slower system. This
point will be moot anyway once system notification support akode.

This thread is getting out of hand. I was just pointing out in my original
post that it is possible to use an external program for system notification
and not about the merits or lack there of with artsd.

Charles

--
"The world is beating a path to our door"

-- Bruce Perens, (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)