Re: [SLE] Copy spool mail files?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 07:06:00 +0200
On Monday 30 May 2005 06:46, Jim Flanagan wrote:
> Anders, does Cyrus imap store sent messages in imap or in local folders?

Sent messages meaning messages you send? Cyrus doesn't know about that, IMAP
is only for storing messages, not sending them. That is a setting in your
mail client. You can set kmail to store sent messages on the imap server in
Identities->Modify->Advanced. I'm sure other clients have a way to do it as
well

> Also, can users make or add folders in addition to the Inbox?

Yes, of course. If you read and followed the instructions on setting up users
in cyrus, each user only has permissions on the INBOX. You can then create
other folders as subfolders to the inbox. For example in kmail you would
right-click on the inbox and select "new sub-folder"

By default users don't have permission to create folders outside their inbox,
and it's probably a good idea to keep it that way. If you want to share
things between users, the best plan is probably to set up a new top level
folder for that purpose, and give users permissions on it.