Re: [SLE] nVidia rocks; Don't Buy An ATI card
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:07:30 +0200
On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 12:50 +1000, scsijon wrote:
> >Sorry, but I went from a dog Radeon 9200 to a stellar GeForce FX5200.
>

> funny, my Gigabyte 9200 works without fail or problems running games on w98
> on vmware on 9.2

Just bought myself a Gigabyte Radeon 9250 - works a treat too.

Actually I had trouble initially, the exact same issues I had with the
nVidia MX cards: it works after installing the driver, but after I
reboot, when X starts, the screen goes into DPMS mode.

Disabling apic and acpi at boot time sorted this problem out on the
Radeon - haven't tried it with nVidia. There seems to be acpi/apic
issues with 9.3 as I've had to disable both to get 9.3 to boot on our
server (P-III class server board) too.

--
Hans du Plooy
SagacIT (Pty) Ltd