Re: [SLE] Copy spool mail files?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:40:52 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2005-05-30 at 04:15 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:

> All mailboxes are owned by user cyrus, only root and cyrus can work with the
> mailboxes, everything is stored in /var/spool/imap and there are caches and
> other things that I really doubt procmail would be able to do the right thing
> with. The naming scheme is also non-standard. Altogether too many hoops to
> jump through for no benefit at all. sieve works, for almost all purposes

I wasn't thinking of using procmail for cyrus - I'll take your word for
it, and it makes sense to me :-)

No, I don't think it would work unless the imap server is designed with
procmail in mind; same as with postfix: it can handle local delivery, or
give it to procmail, kind of improved local delivery agent.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >