Re: [SLE] genealogy program for SuSE
  • From: Gunnar Håland <gunnar.haland@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 22:40:33 +0200
Mike Roy skrev:
Hello everyone:
I have a friend I'm trying to convert to
Linux. One of his major hobbies/interests is
genealogy and I think it would be great if I
could show him a Linux-based program that
would meet his needs.
Now, I've tried Gramps but have had no end of problems trying to get the
thing to work. There seems to be some
major problems between SuSE / gramps
and rather that spending forever and a day trying to make it work, is there another Linux-based genealogy program that will work under SuSE?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Mike

You can try this program. Geneweb runs thru your browser
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/GeneWeb/en/download.html

or this one:
http://www.vjet.demon.co.uk/ftree/

I have managed to run Gramps with apt-get and SuSE 9.2 but i can not find Gramps 2.
Gunnar