configure: error: can't find Tcl configuration definitions
  • From: Jim Osborn <jimo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:35:31 -0800
Trying to install db-3.1.17, so that I can install rpm 4, so that I
can install lots of things, in hope of being able to install all the
things I need to make a 2.6 kernel, I run into this error from rpm -bb:

configure: error: can't find Tcl configuration definitions

I have tcl/tk installed, but I can't locate any config.sh files
for either tcl or tk. Do I need to hunt down a newer version of tcl/tk?
My current version seems to be tcl-8.3.3-83. I've never overtly used
tcl/tk, and can't think why db3 would care, but there it is...

TIA,

Jim