Re: [SLE] An apology to the list
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:23:40 +0000
Crikey my simple apology seems to have stirred up a hornet's nest :-)
Anyway, my contention is that whether it is normal for list servers or
not (I have never come across this way of replying and I have been on
a lot of lists in my time including Pegasus Mail and LUG lists) I
wish to reply to the sender. Int the case of a list it is the 'list'
itself not an individual. Therefore, I say that the default is wrong.
As for cutting down on traffic? Huh? Why? It is a mailing list for
heaven's sake it will by definition be heavy on traffic.

One other thing I have just found out. I can only reply to the list
from the penultimate message not the very last one. The 'Reply to
all' tab is not there in Gmail in the last message. Now that is a
pain. I'll pass it onto Gmail. Oh yes. Somebody mentioned trying
another mail client? I'm using Gmail because it has plenty of storage
to enable me to save technical answers for my own reference. I know
that Gmail does allow POP mail to access it but that is not what I
want. If I wanted to use a POP account I would use Kmail in Linux or
Pegasus in Window$.

Anyway, great list, great contributors, thank you.
--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street