Re: [SLE] detecting multiple monitors [9.2]
  • From: "David Bottrill" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:38:43 -0000 (GMT)

Berge, Harry ten said:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using SUSE 9.2, and have a machine equipped with a dual head nVidia
> adapter.
>
> This works al fine, but when I run a 'hwinfo --monitor' on the system I
> only
> see *one* monitor.
> Is it possible to detect multiple monitors? I know it is not depending on
> the nVidia, because I've got the same thing with a Matrox.
>
> Anyone an idea?

I had the same problem when I tried to run dual-head with my new NVidia
card. There are excellent FAQs on the nvidia website that describe how to
run dual-head in clasic or cinerama modes.

Basically you need to define the card and the monitor twice in XF86config
and also make a few other tweaks, the Nvidia FAQs are very good.

Sax2 does not seem capable of detecting both monitors so any changes will
be lost if you subsequently run sax2. Sax2 will however coreectly detect
multiple video cards.

David

--
David Bottrill