Sound Card Problems
  • From: <bucciarelli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:44:25 +0100 (CET)

I'm using Suse Linux Professional 9.1 on HP D530 Desktop, and I cannot
hear any sound. Everything seems OK from the point of view of the
hardware; in fact, I tried installing Windows OS on a disk partition
of my PC and in this case the sound works fine.
I suspect there is a sort of incompatibility between the sound card and
the Linux OS, but looking at YAST, the hardware seems correctly
recognized and configured. However, if I try to reproduce a sound, even
the bell sound, I don't get any error message, but no sound comes out.
The name of my integrated sound card are:
82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R)
My office mate has the same Linux OS on a HP EVO D310 and he has
never experienced problems with his sound card, which is a 82801DB
(ICH4).
Anybody can help?
Thanks, Beatrice