Re: [SLE] Sound Card Problems
  • From: Pieter Hulshoff <phulshof@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:52:04 +0100
On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 02:44:25PM +0100, bucciarelli@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> My office mate has the same Linux OS on a HP EVO D310 and he has
> never experienced problems with his sound card, which is a 82801DB
> (ICH4).
> Anybody can help?

You might want to try playing around with the alsamixer settings. I've
had similar problems in the past where it turned out the automatic
volume settings had set my AC97 volume to 100%, and since I didn't have
an AC97 compatible soundcard.... Anyway, in general I've not had very
good experiences with SuSE and the volume settings for my soundcard. In
both 9.1 and 9.2 I had to edit them manually to get my sound working
(on all 5 speakers).

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff