Re: [SLE] Long DNS lookup times with 9.2
From: "Elijah Savage" <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

All,

I am using dhcp and when I use firefox to go to websites it takes for
ever to do dns lookups. The browser just sort of sits then finally
resolves the names. When I do a nslookup or a dig from the cli
everything comes resolves very quickly. I have set it to static ip
address and also static dns and the browser still takes for ever to
resolv for some reason. I had a intel desktop 1000MT nic card I swapped
that for a 3com nic and still the same issues. So I then installed a dns
server locally on the box and change the resolv.conf to point to
127.0.0.1 there was no difference.

Any ideas?

Uh... For Starters - What does your /etc/dhcpcd.conf and /etc/resolve.conf look like? You say "set it to Static IP?" What does /etc/hosts look like.