Re: [SLE] video at startup problem
  • From: Brad Bendily <brad@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:37:08 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, RH Koning wrote:

> Hello, this may be a stupid question, but I am at a loss what to do. I
> have received a pc with suse linux 9.2, which boots well. After booting,
> i expect a login screen. However, I get a message from the monitor:
> Attention cannot display this video mode change computer display input
> to 1280x1024@60hz. No screen, nothing. What do I do now? Thanks for any
> help, Ruud

After the machine has booted and you're getting that message
from the monitor. try ctrl-alt-F2 or F1,F3,F4,F5... or
even ctrl-alt-backspace. The F2 command there should bring you
to a login prompt which you can login, run SaX2 to change the
properties of your video configuration. The problem sounds like
your SuSe config is not setup for your specific monitor.
Maybe the resolution is too high or the sync rates do not
match.

BB