Mounting windows shares
  • From: "Elijah Savage" <esavage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:50:02 -0500
All,

This might be more appropriate in the samba forum but I wanted to try
here first. I am trying to mount windows AD 2003 shares with the mount
command and it is telling me that smb client signing is needed and is
turned off. I searched the knowledge database for how to turn it on and
even did some searching on google. I am familiar with samba as I have a
FreeBSD box at home with samba installed and I know from the server side
you put "client signing = auto" in the smb.conf but how in the world do
you turn it on from the client side especially in SuSE9.2?

  • No further messages