Re: [SLE] release of Suse 9.3 ?
  • From: Osho GG <oshogg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:43:53 -0800
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 10:47 am, Fred wrote:
> Le Mardi 1 Mars 2005 20:28, Josephine a écrit :
> > On Tuesday 01 March 2005 18:57, Fred wrote:
> > For the million time: suse professional's cycle is at every 6 months. 9.2
> > was released at the end of October. Calculate now 6 months since then.
>
> I feel really sorry, but I'm a regular reader of this list since 2 month
> and I haven't seen any discussion on this.
> I know it's "every 6 month", but I should have ask "Do you have a link to
> the actual roadmap" ?

The real un-answered question (to me at least) is how bought-over by Novell
will effect Suse 9.3 release or subsequent releases. We know Novell has other
Linux offering (Novell Linux Desktop). Novell also bought Ximian. It is
unclear as to what is Novell's linux strategy for future releases. I haven't
seen an announcement from Novell out-lining a future linux releases roadmap
describing how will SuSE evolve and how it will related to NLD (and maybe
some of the Ximian offerings that are also now owned by Novell).

--
Osho