Re: [SLE] release of Suse 9.3 ?
  • From: Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:02:42 -0500
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 2:43 pm, Osho GG wrote:
> The real un-answered question (to me at least) is how bought-over by
> Novell will effect Suse 9.3 release or subsequent releases. We know
> Novell has other Linux offering (Novell Linux Desktop). Novell also
> bought Ximian. It is unclear as to what is Novell's linux strategy
> for future releases. I haven't seen an announcement from Novell
> out-lining a future linux releases roadmap describing how will SuSE
> evolve and how it will related to NLD (and maybe some of the Ximian
> offerings that are also now owned by Novell).

I just purchased my first Linux distro back in October, SUSE 9.2 Pro,
and I've been very happy with it.
I'm not that familiar with all the Linux terms & apps, so I'm a bit
confused as to why Novell would buy SUSE when it now seems to be
putting out its own flavor , NLD. What exactly is all the Ximian apps,
it seems Novell bought them also?
if Novell stops SUSE at 9.2 and starts pushing NLD ( Novell Linux
Desktop) will everyone convert?
When I look at NLD, It says "Powered by SUSE@Linux". so, is NLD just a
GUI over SUSE, in place of KDE???

--