Re: [SLE] ethtool settings on computer boot
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:17:55 +0100
Ryan McCain wrote:

I've searched the archives of the mailing list but havent found a
definitive answer to this question. How can I issue this command
during
system boot:

ethtool -s eth1 autoneg off duplex full

.. I tried putting it in /etc/boot.local, but apparently boot.local
runs before the network settings are touched.

If you really need an ugly hack, here's one possibility:

Set up a new service (use /etc/init.d/skeleton as a template) where you define the required services that need to be started. Something like

-------/etc/init.d/netduplex-------------
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: netduplex
# Required-Start: $network
# Default-Start: 3 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 2 6
# Short-Description: Set full duplex connection
### END INIT INFO

ethtool -s eth1 autoneg off duplex full
-------/etc/init.d/netduplex-------------

chkconfig netduplex on

There you are, a quick and definitely ugly hack!!

Sandy