Re: [SLE] ethtool settings on computer boot
  • From: Stan Glasoe <SRGlasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:27:46 -0600
On Tuesday 01 March 2005 1:44 pm, Ryan McCain wrote:
> I've searched the archives of the mailing list but havent found a
> definitive answer to this question. How can I issue this command
> during
> system boot:
>
> ethtool -s eth1 autoneg off duplex full
>
> .. I tried putting it in /etc/boot.local, but apparently boot.local
> runs before the network settings are touched.
>
> OS: SLES 8
> kernel: 2.4.x
>
> Thanks, Ryan

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/01/dcon_sles9_setting_nic_options.html
gives you some ideas also. Bookmark http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en (or
whichever language you prefer) as it comes in handy. Haven't found anywhere
that they offer a notification when new things are added so check back often.

Stan